Missions Ministry Survey
The Missions Committee developed a 5-question survey and would like to hear about YOU! Your feedback will make the committee aware of where God is already working and help us to discern where God is leading. The survey will also provide insight to how we relate to our community. If you have any questions, contact Kim Priddy - Email | x295.
Complete Online Survey
Print Survey (PDF format) and turn into Church Office
Missions is vital to First Baptist church and its ministry in the Greensboro community and the world. We believe that missions is for all ages. Some projects and trips are listed below, but there is still more to do - click here for FBC missions schedule. To add events to the FBC Missions Calendar, click here to fill out and submit the information form.
|Opportunity to Serve
|Agape Meal for Community Friends
||Sun, Nov. 1
|Volunteers are needed to serve as Table Hosts (training is Sunday, Nov. 1 at 3 pm in 108C), Servers, and Meal Prep. Sign-up online here!
||Kim Priddy- email | x295
|Bessemer Kindergarten Camp
|Play learning games, read books, teach basic learning strategies and more with the children to prepare them for Kindergarten.
||Kim Priddy- email | x295
|CROP Hunger Walk
||Sun, Oct 18
|Join the FBC team to help fight hunger locally and globally. Join and/or donate to Crop Walk - click here
||Kim Priddy - email | x295
|Grace Fellowship Meals
||FBC is expanding our ministry with the Grace Fellowship Meal to the hungry in our community to the 1st and 5th Wednesdays of the month. Join this community.
Sign up online to help with meal prep - click here
|Jack Steelman - email
||Thursday evenings in July/August
||Taking VBS to the community and the children in the Rosewood neighborhood - - tell Bible stories, provide snacks, and help with crafts, games, music, etc.
||Meganne Gould - email / 210-4523
|Operation Christmas Child
|Start packing your shoebox filled with coloring books, toys, toothbrushes, and more for our OCC project. Dedication Day is Sunday, November 22 in the Atrium immediately following worship.
||Carolyn Clontz - email / 288-3216
|GUM Food Pantry
||FBC is a collection site for non-perishable food for the GUM Food Pantry. Collection bins are in the Atrium and Children's Wing. Bring items every time you come to church.
||Robert Angell - email / 282-3566
|StepUp Ministry Clothing Collection
||2nd Sunday each month
||Bring interview clothing and accessories (clean and in no need of repair) to the Atrium the second Sunday of each month for those participating in StepUp Ministries Job Skill Training program.
||Shirley Thompson - email / 274-9622
October - February
|Volunteers are needed to pass out registration brochures, invite friends and neighbors, coach teams, referee games, sell concessions, pray and sponsor children needing financial assistance to participate.
||Tommy Starnes - email / 274-3286, x251
Locally, FBC members have participated in:
- VBS and Tutoring at Rosewood Park
- Serving meals to homeless at Potter's House and Grace Community Church
- Hosting a Winter Emergency (WE!) Shelter for homeless women
- Food Drives for Greensboro Urban Ministry and other ministries
- Sponsoring Montagnard Refugees
- Serving dinners and working with families at Pathways
- Cooperation with other churches in Agents of Grace's Mission Greensboro
- Building affordable housing through Habitat for Humanity
- And numerous other projects in which individuals and classes participate.
National & International participation by FBC members includes:
- Habitat for Humanity building trip to Jordan
- An evangelism trip to Tacna, Peru
- Church construction in Temuco, Chile
- Music and mission trip to work with the Roma Gypsy people in Hungary
- Construction on the Village of Hope, a ministry to street kids in Kiev, Ukraine
- High School youth trip to lead Vacation Bible Schools in Toluca, Mexico and Boston, MA
- Middle & High School youth trip to the Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota
- Evangelism and children's ministry in Honduras