Missions is vital to First Baptist church and its ministry in the Greensboro community and the world. We believe that missions is for all ages. Some projects and trips are listed below, but there is still more to do - click here for FBC missions schedule. To add events to the FBC Missions Calendar, click here to fill out and submit the information form.
|Opportunity to Serve
|Grace Fellowship Meals
||1st and 5th Wednesdays
||FBC is expanding our ministry with the Grace Fellowship Meal to the hungry in our community to the 1st and 5th Wednesdays of the month. Join this community.
Sign up online to help with meal prep - click here
|Jack Steelman - email
||On-going, Saturdays, 3-5 pm
||Showers in the gym (in men's and women's locker rooms) are provided for those in our community needing to shower. Volunteers are needed to welcome and fellowship with those coming into our church -
To Volunteer - Click here to sign up online
|Joe Garcia -
email / 587-6220 or
Kim Priddy -
email / 274-3286, x295
|Operation Christmas Child
|Start packing your shoebox filled with coloring books, toys, toothbrushes, and more for our OCC project. Dedication Day is Sunday, November 24 in the Atrium immediately following worship.
||Carolyn Clontz - email / 288-3216
|GUM Food Pantry
||FBC is a collection site for non-perishable food for the GUM Food Pantry. Collection bins are in the Atrium and Children's Wing. Bring items every time you come to church.
||Robert Angell - email / 282-3566
|StepUp Ministry Clothing Collection
||2nd Sunday each month
||Bring interview clothing and accessories (clean and in no need of repair) to the Atrium the second Sunday of each month for those participating in StepUp Ministries Job Skill Training program.
||Shirley Thompson - email / 274-9622
October - February
|Volunteers are needed to pass out registration brochures, invite friends and neighbors, coach teams, referee games, sell concessions, pray and sponsor children needing financial assistance to participate.
||Tommy Starnes - email / 274-3286, x251
Locally, FBC members have participated in:
- VBS and Tutoring at Rosewood Park
- Serving meals to homeless at Potter's House and Grace Community Church
- Hosting a Winter Emergency (WE!) Shelter for homeless women
- Food Drives for Greensboro Urban Ministry and other ministries
- Sponsoring Montagnard Refugees
- Serving dinners and working with families at Pathways
- Cooperation with other churches in Agents of Grace's Mission Greensboro
- Building affordable housing through Habitat for Humanity
- And numerous other projects in which individuals and classes participate.
National & International participation by FBC members includes:
- Habitat for Humanity building trip to Jordan
- An evangelism trip to Tacna, Peru
- Church construction in Temuco, Chile
- Music and mission trip to work with the Roma Gypsy people in Hungary
- Construction on the Village of Hope, a ministry to street kids in Kiev, Ukraine
- High School youth trip to lead Vacation Bible Schools in Toluca, Mexico and Boston, MA
- Middle & High School youth trip to the Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota
- Evangelism and children's ministry in Honduras