ACCESS - "Growth Experiences for where you are in life."
What is ACCESS?
ACCESS is a formative experience on Wednesday nights offered by FBC and the surrounding neighborhood community. These growth experiences will focus on elements of life that matter to all ages.
What seminars are available?
ACCESS - Wednesday nights, 6-7 pm
- Summer Nights - A NEW thing happening at FBC with intergenerational activities planned each week in June and July.
- June 3 - Table Trivia. 108
- June 10 - Egg Drop Family Activity - work together as a family unit (all types of groupings acceptable) on a quite unusual task This activity ends in a competition that will break records and probably much more. 108C
- June 17 - Zip Code Party - Neighborhood gatherings will be the focus this week. Look for an invitation to a gathering near you!
- June 24 - Out of the Garden Mission - Spend an evening learning about how this ministry serves those in our community. We will also get our hands dirty packing bags for distribution and shelving incoming food. Check out their website: outofthegardenproject.org
- July 1 - Human Scavenger Hunt - Set out on a "human" scavenger hunt. It sounds a little strange, but it is a great way to find out hidden facts about people you thought you knew.
- July 8 - Zip Code Party - Neighborhood gatherings will be the focus this week. Look for an invitation to a gathering near you!
- July 15 - Pot Luck Meal - Spend a night touring Jesus' hometown of Nazareth by walking the marketplace in place for VBS. Bring a dish for a Pot Luck meal and we will also have a build your own sundae bar.
- July 22 - Mission Night - An evening filled with opportunities to learn and serve. Missions work on campus!
- July 29 - FBCs Funniest Home Videos - Got some funny home videos? Join us to watch videos as we laught and recap the summer! To make "the cut," get your videos to Steve Cothran by Sunday, July 12.
- Turning Points in Early Church History (Summer Session ends June 24) - Led by Steve Pressley. Chapel. Relying on the Acts 1.8 version of the Great Commission - - "you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in al Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earch" -- the sessions are:
- May 27 - Witness in Jerusalem (Acts 1-7)
- June 3 - Witness in Palestine and Syria (Acts 8-12)
- June 10 - Paul's First Missionary Journey (Acts 13-14)
- June 17 - Paul's Second and Third Journeys (Acts 15-21)
- June 24 - The Journey to Rome and Beyond (Acts 22-28)
Kids ACCESS - Wednesday nights, 6:15-7:15 pm (September - May):
- Children participate in music, missions and fun activities.
When do they meet?
Adult ACCESS, Wednesday nights, 6-7 pm during summer months & 6:15-7:10 pm September-May
Kids ACCESS, Wednesday nights (September-May), 6:15-7:15 pm
Where do they meet?
Classes meet in a variety of rooms (classrooms, fellowship hall, Chapel, etc.) as scheduled.
How much are the seminars?
There is typically no cost to ACCESS classes, unless a special dinner is included with the event or a speaker is brought in to lead the study. There may be an occasional cost for materials/books, but it is based on the class topic.
How do I register?
Most classes do no require registration. If you do need to register for a class topic, click here to email the education office or call 274-3286, extension 288.
Who can I contact if have more questions?
Adult ACCESS: Steve Sumerel, Associate Pastor, Adult Learning | Email
Kids or Family ACCESS: Ashley Gill Harrington, Interim Minister to Children and Families | Email