ACCESS - "Growth Experiences for where you are in life."
What is ACCESS?
ACCESS is a formative experience on Wednesday nights offered by FBC and the surrounding neighborhood community. These growth experiences will focus on elements of life that matter to all ages.
What seminars are available?
Adult ACCESS - Wednesday nights, 6:15-7:10 pm (Beginning September 10)
- Open Forum: Join Alan in October for further conversation about our program year theme - "Open Church."
October 1: Open to the City - A church in the city
October 8: Open to our Heritage - Baptist is our middle name
October 15: Open to our Story - Knowing our story and how to tell it
October 22: Open to Community - Intimacy and community in a 'big church'
October 29: Open to Collaboration - More together than we are apart
- Women's Book Study - Unglued: Has there ever been a time in your life when you have felt "unglued?" Perhaps you are feeling this right now. Women of all ages area invited to join together for an open discussion about emotions that can bring fullness to life, or help to destroy it. Each week will focus on a chapter of Lysa TerKeurst's new book, Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions. Led by Kelly Cornett and Becky Starnes. Cafe
These ACCESS classes will resume in November:
- Bible Study - Revelation As Drama: Explore the rich history, the varying interpretations, and the dramatic actions of God in the midst of a very troubled time in his popular seminar on debatably the most misunderstood book of the Bible, The Revelation to John. Dr. Wayne pulls from his personal journey to the ancient sites of the seven churches in Revelation, as he weaves years of study in to this multifaceted study. Led by Dr. Jim Wayne. 102
- Discipleship Study - 14 Disciplines of Faithful Disciples: Just as the strength of the body takes conditioning, so it is that faithful discipleship takes discipline. Some of these disciplines fit in well with the culture of our time . . . others, not so much. In an honest and open dialogue, this gathering will explore the pros and cons of 14 important Christian disciplines as we weigh the "cost/benefit" of each. Movie and TV clips, the newspaper, or conversations we have in the workplace and so much more shall become the launch pads for our discussions on how we can be faithful in today's world. Led by Dr. Steve Sumerel. 108-C.
Kids ACCESS - Wednesday nights, 6:15-7:15 pm (September - May):
- Children participate in music, missions and fun activities.
When do they meet?
Adult ACCESS, Wednesday nights, 6-7 pm during summer months & 6:15-7:10 pm September-May
Kids ACCESS, Wednesday nights (September-May), 6:15-7:15 pm
Where do they meet?
Classes meet in a variety of rooms (classrooms, fellowship hall, Chapel, etc.) as scheduled.
How much are the seminars?
There is typically no cost to ACCESS classes, unless a special dinner is included with the event or a speaker is brought in to lead the study. There may be an occasional cost for materials/books, but it is based on the class topic.
How do I register?
Most classes do no require registration. If you do need to register for a class topic, click here to email the education office or call 274-3286, extension 288.
Who can I contact if have more questions?
Adult ACCESS: email Steve Sumerel, Pastor, Adult Learning
Kids or Family ACCESS: email Virginia Reynolds, Assistant Pastor, Preschool/Children